Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 12!!! I'm Almost Done With Training!!!


Sorry but I don´t have a lot of time to write today.  I had to take a spanish assessment test on the computer and that took up some time, and I also typed some letters to some people.  

So this is my last week in training.  They say that you´ll be ready to train when you have finished the 12 week program.  Yeah, I think I´m going to need a lot more time to practice before I start training.  THis next week is transfers, so I´ll write you all on tuesday.  I have a feeling that I´m going to leave castellón.


For thanksgiving we went to a member’s home.  She lived in Utah for a few months and so she understands that thanksgiving is BIG and so she did her best and we had a wonderful meal.  I made two pies.  "You didn´t have one slice, but two slices hahaha run minny run!"  And that was fun to see what the spaniards think of this american holiday.

Also on tuesday we did splits and I went with a YSA guy named marvin and with the Relief society president to victor´s house.  We talked about the church block system and watched finding faith in christ.  Then we invited them to church, but they didn´t come.  My companion was with another investigator and he placed a baptismal date with her for the 4th of december!!!!!!!!!!   I´m going to have my first baptism!!!!

We did a lot of contacting this week and got a few numbers.  I´m getting better at contacting people in the streets and the trains.  It has been raining a lot the past 3 days and it is cold, but not utah cold.

I should go but I want to leave with my testimony of testimonies.  on saturday we met a man from sudan and he´s Muslim.  He knows a lot.  my companion likes to bash by means of proving his point with the scriptures and grace in his speaking that shows that he knows how to debate.  As for me, I just tell what I know and testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith restored this church here today and it is being led by Thomas s. Monson.  My simple testimony has helped me A LOT in the mission when I get down.  I ponder on it and think and feel better about myself knowing that I am a son of God and that families can be together forever.  I love this church.  This work is hard, but I know with a lot of prayer and faith I can do this.  This spirit leads us in what we do and say, we just need to follow and do what he tells us.  Have a wonderful week and do a simple service today to help someone in need.  Charity never fails.

Love,

Elder Gonzalez

ps this is the district

  

No comments:

Post a Comment