Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

This week starts the beginning of the holiday season, the time where people start giving love and service before the year ends and then go back to their old ways. As members of this church, we remember Christ in our lives every day by giving simple service to other people every day by smiling and opening doors. We don´t have to have holidays to remember who we are and what we need to do. Remember to use chapter 6 in preach my gospel and develop christ like attributes. We can all do better at that, even ME, also to give thanks to Heavenly Father in our prayers every day and that thanksgiving is just another day where we see the blessings the Lord has given us.

  These last two weeks have been super crazy and have gone by so fast. I remember monday like it was like yesterday. We spent half our week out of Castellón. On tuesday I had an intercombio with Elder Alder and spent over 24hrs with him. We saw a lot of miracles with him. I had to run and catch a train on wednesday. Saturday we took a train to Barcelona and had a super good (closest thing to) a mission conference with Elder Cook from the quorum of the 12 apostles. It was super good and he is such a good person and has a strong testimony. I love Elder Cook.

We had a lot of appointments fire on us and it was frustrating sometimes because these people are so good, but like preach my gospel says to always have a backup plan. We did lots of contacting for once with Elder Westfall. We don´t do a lot of contacting in the streets, so I learned how to reach out and talk to people more. I hate having speech the you use for every person you meet. We are not robots. We are missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ and should always be bold and speak to everyone. I have been doing that more. When I was on the train coming back to castellón after intercombios with Elder Alder, I talked to this lady who was a neurologist and we had a nice 10 min. conversation and I introduced the BOM to her. She sadly declined it, but I do this a lot more with people we sit by on the train.

  Today we had a turkey bowl in catarroja with the zone. It was a lot of fun! I made a lot of touchdowns. We also played ultimate Frisbee too. It has been a good day and now I´m tired. I have to go soon because It´s late and we have to go with the ward missionary leader to a family home evening out in a small town (pueblo) in a few minutes.

I love all of you and pray for you all with all my heart. Like in the first presidency message last month, when we pray it´s a two way communication. We need our prayers to be sincere and always recognize Heavenly Father in our lives. The scriptures teach us how to be like Jesus. I´m finishing up the war chapters in the BOM (english) and when we prepare our homes and families and ourselves to fight off the attacks of the adversary, we become stronger. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today and leads this church and we have to follow him in order to stay firm in the gospel and be safe in this world. Testimonies are wonderful anchors to have in a world that has changing views. Do service every day and always be thankful for everything, not just the holiday season. I love you all and hope you all have a great week.

Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment