Monday, November 10, 2014

Another Busy Week, but a Fun One!!

This week was jammed packed with stuff.  We walked a lot and had some really cool spiritual experiences.
 
Our investigators are wonderful people and I just love being with them.  A new investagor we have is a son of a less-active who moved from colombia and he´s 18 and just loved the message of the restoration.  He is super good and wanted to come to church.  However, we didn´t see him this week.  Claudia, who is this super awesome person from bolivia, finally came back from vacation and we read 3 nephi 11 with her.  It was super good, but she´s going on vacation again for the next 2 weeks and so that´s a bummer.  She said that she wants to be baptized by the end of the year, so cross your fingers!!!  Victor didn´t answer his phone, so we coundn´t visit him and his family, but they too are terrific people.  A lot of our new investigators fired on us this week and so we have to set new appointments for this week and that stinks because we are super busy this week too.  
 
This week we have specialized training with president and sister pace on friday, so we go down to valencia for that.  Last wednesday we had a zone enfoque and that was super spiritual.  I love our zone and district!  we don´t have any baptisms yet, but we are planning on one this month.  We also went up to Barcelona on friday to pick up my citizenship/ID card and meet up with all the missionaries who are in my group.  It was a cool mini reunion.  We had to take a 2-1/2 hour train ride up and back.  We left super early in the morning.  Also, I got a meal at mcdonalds and they messed it up and so I just shrugged it off, but still wanted my big mac =(.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun to go.
 
Yesterday we had a cool miracle when we were walking to a member's home and saw an investgator of ours we haven´t seen in a long time because she never answers her phone and is always super busy.  We have a visit with her and met with her friend, and she wants a book of mormon in romanian. (ps there are a lot of romanian people here in spain).  We drove out to a pueblo with the ward mission leader and taught a lesson to an investagtor we found a few weeks ago in the park and it was good, but hard.  She had a lot of really hard questions because we could tell she has been taught by the jehova witnesses.  I tried to explain the joseph smith first vision, and my mind went blank and my spanish (what little I had) left too.  My companion took over and I gave a silent pray, asking to know what to say.  My answer was that I should bear my testimony.  As things were wrapping up in the lesson, I gave my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I had tears streaming down my eyes.  I know that the spitit was there.
 
I may not know much about how computers work or the creation of stars, but I know that the book of mormon is true and that when I read it I feel good.  I don´t know every scripture for every situation, but I know that Joseph Smith translanted this book and it is for our benifit and for our happiness in this troubling world.  This is a small testimony that I have and leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 
Love,
Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment