Monday, November 17, 2014

Super Good Week!!

Well, I first want to start off that I do have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through him we can live again I know that families can be together forever. There is power in the book of mormon and that if you are not reading it every day, READ IT. At least 10 minutes a day. There is safety in the commandments and when we follow them we are blessed. I say this because as a young missionary who has only been out here for 10 weeks in training, it can be easily distracting when other missionaries express all sorts of knowledge they have acquired on the mission. Some people express how well they know the language or how they know so much about the doctrines of the gospel. This is good, but for me I just need to know that the church is true and that I am here to do my best because Heavenly Father knows who I am and has prepared people for me to teach and because of my willingness to serve I just accept that they know more than I do and that there will always be people who are better than me. I just shake it off and just go to work doing what I know and at the pace and knowledge that I can do. The Lord is my strength and I can always rely on his help in this work. I only say this because the first chapter of Preach my Gospel says that we are called to this work and we all have talents to the work of building the kingdom of God.

This week has been my first really experience of days when plans and investigators fire us (a mission term used for when people drop us or can´t come to their appointments). By the Lord´s help we were able to set up backup plans (there´s a reason that we have a backup plan section in the planners). Our numbers this week weren´t that good, but like my trainer has said the numbers don´t tell the whole story. In my letter to president, I said that we had a less-active person who shared with us a very personal story about prayer. By his example we can now be able to teach his family. Some people are super obsessed with getting numbers that they forget about why we have key indicators in missionary work. I am grateful to be a slow learner because I think about why we do things the way we do and how if applies to the investigators.

On friday we had a wornderful specialized training meeting with president and sister pace in valencia. (sorry for misspelling, but my fingers are cold and I´m too lazy to fix my mistakes. Yeah the weather is getting cold here. It´s been getting cold for the past 2 weeks. warm days, but cold mornings and nights.) We did an activity where we all stood up and sister pace would read from the missionary handbook on things that we are to be obedient to (we here in the barcelona, spain mission are known for being super obedient and so we are told to be super obedient to everything, and for me, I try my best) and we sit down if we weren´t 100% obedient to that rule. Those who were left standing got a treat. I need to plan better and catch up on my reading. Also, we had to hand in our planners and she checked them. I have a lot of work to do. I learned a lot and love listening to president pace. He is really knowledgeable as well as sister pace.

Well I should go, but I do love you all and have you guys in my prayers always. The work here in Castellón is progressing, My spanish is getting better as the weeks go by. I can understand better and speak better. Always look for opportunities to serve. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment