Sunday, February 21, 2016

The phone call

well mom I received a phone call this morning from the mission office that I will be going home on JULY 13th.  There is the possibilty of extending my mission, but I cannot because of the next transfer day will be on August 24th, the day of school.  But there is a possibility of extending for a few more weeks and serve the Lord a little bit more. And no on the coming and picking me up.  I would still be a missionary and would have to obey the mission rules like getting up and going to bed on time.  I would much prefer if I just came home.  Sorry.  Maybe we will visit europe after the mission in like 10+years when I have money.  So I would like to hear more of your thoughts about the return date.  Should I see if I can extend a bit longer or go home on the 13th of July?

questions:
On your hike of Monserrat, how long was your hike (distance, elevation, time)?:61/2 miles round trip hiking with the help of my gps watch.  about 5hours.

Carnival--I know that you've never been to New Orleans (and neither have I, dang it), but is your version of Carnival full of bright/brash colors and anything similar to jazz music like New Orlean's Carnival? :no, but a fun spanish twist to make it fun.

 How do you "rub off" graffiti on your church walls (soap and water, other)?: other

I enjoyed your snippits of 1972 GC that you shared.  What determined that particular date for study?:  I thought that article would be very interesting because it was when president lee was sustained as the prophet.  Plus we have all the ensigns on our ipads!

Well family random thoughts:
Mom, I believe that the last day to turn in scholarships for snow is the 1st of march. please help me find some money for school so I can focus on working and teaching not counting my pennies (euros).  Por favor.

We gave out about 6-7 copies of the BOM this past week.  Success in its own way.
We were walking over a bridge on saturday and the wind really picked up and knocked our phone´s case off the bridge and we had to go find it.  it was a small adventure.
Ramón, our recent convert, is awesome.  He wants to help us with visits and is super converted to the gospel!

a new rule president Dayton has made is that all Sundays are now English fast days.  No more english from 7:30 am to 11:30 pm.  We are to speak only english, so we can be more proficient.  It was a little hard, but turned out to be a lot of fun.

Well family I had a wonderful experience with a talk from President packer last week from GC oct. 1972 about home teaching, can´t wait to home teach again, but love the mission teaching.  I hope you would read it.  "the saints securely dwell".

plus David b. Haight said this about missionary work "Hollywood would never be able to produce the thrilling stories, the real-life dramas, the diaries, the letters home, the testimonies locked in hearts that have resulted from following the Savior’s instruction: “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” (Matt. 28:19.)"

And Marion G. Romney said these points about the restoration: " … I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. “It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” (JS—H 1:15–18).

This vision was the opening scene in an awesome drama that some ten years later culminated in the organization of the Church. By the Son, with whom he conversed in the heavenly vision, Joseph was told to join none of the existing churches because they “were all wrong.” (JS—H 1:19.) They lacked both necessary components of the church of Jesus Christ, namely, his gospel and his name. Indispensable elements of the gospel, which they lacked, included:
1. The truth concerning the personality of God and man’s relationship to him,
2.  A knowledge of its saving principles and ordinances,
3.  The priesthood of God, and
4. Continuing revelation.

I love  what I do and I am grateful to do it.  I know that I am weak.  I don´t speak very well, but I do know that I can do this work.  The Lord does prepare people every day if we look for the miracles in our lives.  He is a miracle maker.  If you say you can´t it won’t, but if you say it can, it will.  I love the Savior and His love he has for each of us.  We can feel it in our prayers as we conform our thoughts, wishes, desires with His power to lift us up to a higher plane and we can be better people.  I love the time I get to study the scriptures every day and learn what God wants me to learn and put into practice in my life.  i know this church is true and wish all to know the importance of this message.  I love you and wish you a wonderful week.

con much amor de España
Élder Gonzalez


No comments:

Post a Comment