Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year


This week I had the wonderful opportunity to have a wonderful baptism.  I can personally testify that the Lord does prepare people for us to find.  Dany was an investigator that we found from a member.  Actually, the member contacted us and said that he wants his family to be taught.  He is a wonderful person.  The baptism was okay, but really funny.  We had to get to the church at 8:30am to fill the font.  the drain would not plug and the water would not get hot.  After a long time everything worked.  We had the baptism (my first one!!!!!) and as I got into the water it was super cold.  As I was saying the prayer/ordinance thing, my mind went blank......it was super embarrassing because I hadn´t practiced this before (i know what I´m doing for companionship study now!!!) and so the 2nd counselor had to help me by whispering the words to me.  Plus, as I was putting him under the water I wasn´t ready for him to fall back and so he kind of fell in and made a big splash (kaplush!!!)  it was funny and neither he nor I will forget that.

Anyway, on new year’s we went back to the roja´s again.  we played risk (we found a risk game in our piso last week and I am not quite sure if it´s okay to play it, but we did).  we also played spoons and I won!!!  On the holidays here in spain we can stay out till 11pm, but be in bed by 11:30.  I was awake in my bed till midnight.

Nothing much really happened this week.  We did some more post christmas caroling with the ward.  A missionary is leaving this week from the ward here in castellón.  She is going to the madrid mission--had a going away party last night.

Well I need to go.  I love you all and love this work.  I had the pleasure of finishing the book of mormon this week.  I can testify that it is a wonderful book.  Christ speaks to us as we read.  It is the keystone to our religion.  If we know the book to be true, we know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet leading this church today.  We as members are to flood the earth with this book.  I challenge you all this week to send a small scripture this week or something you like about the Book of Mormon on social media about this book.  One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 7:11-13 because I think of my mom when I read it.  I know this book is true and that we can all be saved by the love and atonement of Jesus Christ if we repent and come unto him.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

See you all (vosotros) next week!!!

Love,
Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment