Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hello from Badalona



(Jared's new location of service.  Note:  Missionaries are not allowed to visit the beach)
Yes I did get transferred from the wonderful city of Castellón and now I am in Badalona, Spain, with my new companion Elder Streiff from montana.  He´s is an awesome guy.  I took a 2-1/2-hour train ride to get to barcelona and had to carry all of my stuff by metro to my new piso.  It´s really nice, but really small.  We bought a TON of food;  we will be eating like kings for a while!!!  also my companion likes to run!!!!!!!!! even better!!!  So my old companion’s dreams of having me be an office elder was shot down, but I do live like 30 minutes away by metro.

Anyway, starting from Monday we did mostly shopping for hermana barker´s last preparation day.  We did some less-active visits. nothing too exciting.

Tuesday we had a district meeting for once in like 4 weeks because of holidays and zone meetings.  We had a nice district photo and saw the numbers from the past few weeks and they were good because our goal of every companionship getting a baptism by the end of the year came true!!!  We did splits that night and it was good to see how well we were able to organize things.  I went on a split with the ward mission leader and we taught an investigator named Juan who has been investigating the church for a long time.  I was amazed to see how well I can teach and speak in a short period of time on the mission, and I can stand my own ground without having to rely on my companion.  I love how the Lord prepares us to do grand things without us noticing it.

wednesday we had a visit with a new investigator named Nadir.  I might have mentioned him in a past letter. He is from sudan and is muslim.  He speaks english and likes to rip and stab in the roots of our beliefs.  I am very grateful to have a testimony on faith because I may not know all of the questions to every answer, but like President Benson said in PMG " we are not obligated to answer every question.  Everyone with be backed up to the wall of faith and will have to make their stand."  We may not know everything, but we walk by faith rather than by sight.  It was a testimony "checker" to see how I´m doing with my testimony and what areas I need to work on.

Thursday we had some busy visits and some open areas where we had no idea what to do with our time.  I hate spending long periods of time just going out and contacting because it can be good, or just pointless.

I´ve got to go soon, but the week was great and I gave my testimony in church, passed by a bunch of members and said goodbye to them sunday and yesterday.  I will miss castellón, but I am grateful for the love and the help from the members there.  I love you all so much and will see you all next week.

Con amor,
Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment