Monday, January 12, 2015

Hellllllo


Good morning family from good Castellón, Spain.

For your information next week will be transfers and so I´ll be writing on tuesday.  My companion Elder Harris has condemned me to be an office elder.  That’s all right because he´s dying next transfer. hahahahaha.  Also we just received word that our new president and his wife will be president and sister Dayton.  They come in July.  I am sad but also happy to have new leaders.

We had a fun but crazy week.  We had interviews with president pace and I enjoyed talking with him.  He is such a wonderful man.  I hope you get to meet him after their mission.  I had an intercombio too and it was fun.  It´s nice to have a change.  Also Elder harris had to go to barcelona to do residency stuff and so Elder Slauson and I stayed and did a lot of work.  It´s nice to be busy.  we also did some really good less active passbys this week too.  I enjoy being here in castellón.  The ward here is great.  Also the weather here right now is so nice!!!  I´m just loving it.

I love my companions even if they are slow in the morning and I have to nag them about having to be out of piso at a certain time and have to clean up after ourselves.  I´m not a mom nor will I ever be, so yeah.  Thanks to teaching me how to cook mom, it helps.

There isn´t a whole lot that happened this week.  Hermana barker is going home nedt week so we are shopping today.  In spain they have a holiday that´s like black friday but 28 times bigger.  It´s called rebajas!  it´s a 4 week holiday of low price shopping.  So we are going shopping today.  yahoo!

What more is there to say?  Did you hear what happened to sam coleman? that sounds interesting.

My spanish is getting better little by little.  The food here is great and I´m starting to cut back on food so I can save some money. (ps don´t send me checks or dollars because they don´t help me at all because the dollar is lower than the euro and it´s too much of a hassle to cash in a check here, because grandpa and grandma sent me a check and so I´m just going to send it back.  THanks though)

Spain is great, except for the homeless people who are all over the place.  I really want to help them but I don´t even have the money to help myself, also because it´s a rule.  I love mercadonas which is the equivalent to a harmons or a smiths.  Chinese stores are on every corner just like farmacias y tobacs stores are everywhere too.

Well I need to go, but I just want to leave with my testimony that when we follow the prophets they will lead us and guide us to safety.  read the book of mormon every day and pray to receive the spiritual strength we need to our everyday challenges.  just like we need to eat to feed ourselves physically, we need to feed our spirits with the word of God.

I love you all and pray for you guys every day.  Have a great week.

Elder Gonzalez 

No comments:

Post a Comment