Monday, October 20, 2014

What a Crazy, Busy Week


5 weeks down and only a bunch more.  So we had such a busy week and what more can I say than that.

On monday we went with the hermanas and made lunch at the church.  We had tacos and apple pie.  However. we had use of a cool, new touchscreen stovetop that we weren´t able to use, so we cooked the chicken in the oven instead and cooked the pie afterwards.  It was super fun (mom just to let you know, there is no crisco here in spain, so I just used butter instead and it worked out fine.)  The pie was super good, but the crust was super crumbly and the inside was a bit runny, but was SUPER good!!!!

Tuesday we had district meeting here in castellon because the church building in Valencia was being fumigated (sorry for the missspelling.  All of the spanish computers here in spain make all the english words in red as errors and I just seem to ignore them).  It was super spiritual. and I gave a quick talk on diligence.  It was cool.  (it was in english by the way).  Then, afterwards I went on intercombio (companion exchange) with Elder schoen from valencia.  I stayed overnight in Valencia.  Elder Alder, our district leader, came down and stayed.  We had a nice evening because we did lots of contacting in the streets and talked a lot about the mission and how things work.  I enjoyed being with him.  Elder Schoen is from texas and is big and super fun to be around.

On wednesday we went to a nigerian woman´s piso and talked to her in her doorway about her reading in the book of Mormon, and she was super funny to be around because she thanks Jesus for everything and is just fun to listen to.  Elder schoen made a super good lunch and got on the train to castellon with Elder westfall, whom we met back up at the train station.  We went back down and had some more visits and had a fun noche de barrio (it´s like a ward night).  we talked about prayer and afterwards I had a nice talk with the ward mission leader  in spanish.  We talked for like 10, 15 minutes.  That was a testimony builder for me because I got to see a sneak peak of my progression in spanish.

Thursday we had our normal studies and watched like an hour and a half of the district because we had to catch up on the "12 week program."  So, I popped some popcorn, ate and watched.  we did some more visits and i just love the members here.  Our investigators are progressing very well and soon we´ll get some baptisms here, but these people just need to work on a few things.  We had our priesthood council after english class and that went very well.

Friday was just like thursday, but packed with a lot of visits.  I picked a few names from the area book of investigators and less-active members to go visit and we had some success with contacting them.  We met a peruvian man named victor.  He´s super receptive to our message, and I was able to speak a good portion of the time.  I know he´s getting baptized.  We didn´t have correlation with the ward mission leader, but we did meet with Emilio.  Emilio is this investigator we have, and he´s been taught a lot of times and now progressing a lot.  He was able to open his heart to us a lot too.


Now saturday was a LONG day because we did a lot of walking.  With my gps watch, I measured 2 miles from our piso to the church.  We walked to sports at the church in the morning and played/had piella (because it was Rita´s farewell, a girl who is going on a mission).  We left to go back to piso and shower and change to go to a visit that night.  We went to the church again to talk to some of the friends who were at a birthday party for one of the ward member´s son.  We then traveled another mile out of town to visit an investigator.  I shared the story of when we prayed for help when we were on scout camp this summer (remember dad?) because we were talking about faith. We walked back to the church then back to piso.  So we did like 10ish miles that day and I was super tired.


Sunday was a good spiritual day.  Church was great and the spirit was super strong there.  We went to lunch at the Roja´s again and had more piella with octopus, yum!  Then went back to church to meet with bishop, but we never got hold of him.  It was a hard day for me because I wanted to understand what was going on in church and with all the lessons, but the stupid language barrier stopped me from understanding.  When I focus with 100% I can understand some, or at least enough to know what´s going on, but if I get distracted.  It´s hard to understand/concentrate.  We had a guy come up and gave a good lesson on church education and watched a video about famous mormons in history. that was cool.


Well I need to go.  Hope you have a great week and sorry but I can´t send any more handwritten letters during the week.  President told me that I can only do that on preparation days. so yeah.  Hope you all are well and talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment