Thursday, January 21, 2016

Let's Go to Badalona!

We went to badalona today, almost.  We had a zone activity where we
went and played soccer and had fun by the river in cold Spain right
now because of the humidity.  We had a great time.  As I looked across
the river and took the same metro line I normally took in badalona a
bunch of memories came back to me about the good times of the mission.
I am very grateful for the time I have to be here on a mission, and
for a loving family supporting me in this great adventure I have.




Random thoughts.

We met a man named Nordil, or something like that from Morocco.  He
was very crazy and tried explaining the basics to him but went over
his heard.  Admits the trial and craziness of the contact I had a hymn
in my heart and we handed out a book.

We ran to catch a train for district meeting in Manresa.  Two tall
Americans running around town to catch a train.  Not as fun as it
sounds.

This week I read this in chapter 26 of Matt in the institute manual
about prayer.

The Savior’s submission to the will of the Father in the Garden of
Gethsemane set an example for us, inviting us to submit to God’s will
in our life. Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve
Apostles explained: “It takes great faith and courage to pray to our
Heavenly Father, ‘Not as I will, but as thou wilt’ [Matt. 26:39]. The
faith to believe in the Lord and endure brings great strength. Some
may say if we have enough faith, we can sometimes change the
circumstances that are causing our trials and tribulations. Is our
faith to change circumstances, or is it to endure them? Faithful
prayers may be offered to change or moderate events in our life, but
we must always remember that when concluding each prayer, there is an
understanding: ‘Thy will be done’ (Matt. 26:42). Faith in the Lord
includes trust in the Lord” (“Behold, We Count Them Happy Which
Endure,” Ensign, May 1998, 77).

Victor can you send me a copy of the talk we read in the car, if you
can remember, about 3 years ago when we were driving to Cali for
Christmas from Élder legrand Richards.  It was a great talk.  I just
read his brief history in the ensign from my iPad this past week. I'm
doing a study of the old prophets and apostles.  Super cool.

How's abuelo?

We knocked a door last week and met a lady named Fani.. We had a quick
visit and handed a Book of Mormon.a no said she would read it!

I helped a man with directions with my iPad!

We met a man who was blind as we were sitting on a metro seat.  He sat
next to us and we talked for a little.  He was nice and very
autosuficient.

I helped a man who fell down an escalator.  His wife fell down too but
was carried to the top floor.  The man was doing barrow roles up and
down.  I helped him on his feet and the first thing he asked me was "
¿dónde está me mujer?  Where's my wife?  He was more concern with his
wife than his own health, even though he had bad cuts on his face and
was bleeding really bad.

Excellent week.

Adversity, will it beat you?

We had ward conference this weekend.  And the stake leaders just
announced the blue prints for the new chaple the are making.  It will
be beautiful.  3 floors and a parking lot.  It looks like a temple.

We met a Catalan woman who is an English teacher and we had a 50 min.
Long visit with her about the restoration.  She knows the church
because of the famous music stars who are Mormons.  She was a great
contact.

A day of rest is a day of spiritual rejuvenation.

Our stake president said to never be afraid or ashamed of being a
member of the church.

We had Sunday lunch with am investigador ñames kim, from Korea.  She
made sushi and it was good.  An awkward visit because she invited
friends over and the friends were a little awkward and we explains the
Book of Mormon with them, but whey were not interested.

Well family I have to go.  Life as a missionary demands that I help
other unto Christ.  I love this church and the gospel in my life I
hope you have a great week.

Con cariño

Élder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment