Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Transfers are Crazy as a Missionary

Especially with the holidays.  So yeah I have a new companion named Élder Islas, and he is from Texas but was born in California.  He has Latino roots like I do, but spoke Spanish before the mission.....dad....  Anyway he is great.  I'm still here in Terrassa, but they took out a set of missionaries and so I am here with a really big area called Terrassa and Rubí plus the pueblos.   We'll just run around dead every day, but kicking it.

Random thoughts.

Mom I got your package.  THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  Plus can you, mom, go and do scholarship hunting for me because there might be some that end by the end of the year of stuff like that, but I don’s know, I'm a missionary:)

 first week here in Terrassa we knocked a door of a man named Benjamin.  He is Catalan and lives alone.  He wasn't very interested but accepted a Book of Mormon.  During weekly planning last week he called us and said that he was moving close to Madrid and wants to
find the church in his new town.  It was a miracle.

Well family I have very little time to write because this morning I had to wake up early to go to Barcelona to drop off a companion at the train station and pick up my companion then travel to the mission office and back and I am very tired tonight, and it is only 6:24.

Well family as you can clearly see I will not be home for Christmas, but Christmas is the time of year we celebrate the birth of our savior, but because of modern revelation we know that Christ was born near Easter.  As missionaries, representatives of him, we have the great opportunity to testify and share his message to all the world. This year, like last year, the church has come out with a Christmas video.  I would strongly invite you all to watch and share this video on Mormon.org or lds.org.  "A savior is born".  Our thanksgiving is always for his atonement that redeemed us from the fall and that he can and will take upon himself the pains and temptations and sins of His people as He lifts us up.  It is my great privilege to wear his name next to my heart with the title "Élder Gonzalez, LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS".  I am grateful for our savior Jesus Christ.

I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Con cariño
Élder Gonzalez

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment