Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Short letter, sorry :(

Well family it has been a very interesting week with again ups and downs, but mostly ups.  So yes I am still here in Terrassa but my new companion is named Élder Islas.  He is from Texas.  His dad's parents are from Mexico and his mom is from Nicaragua.  He has 7 months on the mission and one transfer in the Salt Lake City east mission while waiting for a visa.  He is great and knows so much about people skills and teaching.  I am learning a lot from him.

Random thoughts:

Matt 19-20 in the institute manual has great talks from Élder Ballard and holland.  I would invite you to read them because they helped me feel the spirit a lot.  I was having a crummy day on Thursday and that morning was a blowover from the day before, but when I read about Christ's atonement I knew I has hit, but far from out.

"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.

There is no dream that in the unfolding of time and eternity cannot yet be realized. Even if you feel you are the lost and last laborer of the eleventh hour, the Lord of the vineyard still stands beckoning." - Élder holland.

The savior is happy that we accept him at what every hour of the day as long as we repent and turn unto him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then will his grace be sufficient.

We were asked by the senior missionary in the office to go by an old Hermana piso that had been closed but still belonged to the church because the church got a huge bill for 400€ on heating.  We went in and nothing, but we did get a few things for our piso...all in the service of the Lord.  We'll just give them back when new missionaries come.

A bus was making a turn and some old ladies were walking really slow and the bus driver honked at them because it was a red light for crossing.  Point scored for busses, old ladies still leading by a lot.

We were walking Saturday night and all of a sudden a water balloon fell from the sky and almost hits me.  It was a miracle not getting hit.  Mobutu we saw that there were some people in the apartments above us.  Saved again by missionary protection:)

Well family I love you so much.  This is becoming a great Christmas season.  Work is tough and now we have lots of area to explore and work in, but I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and how he blesses with miracles.  I know that this work is a sacred calling.  I know that as
we put our part in the Lord will magnify us to fit the role.  That is something I am still learning because I didn't really believe it at first but now I know that it is true.  Christ is at the helm.  This is his church and he has called those to watch over his sheep.  It would
be wise to follow the council of our church leaders and obey the Lord’s commandments to receive those blessing that we so desperately need.  I loving having my chapa on and I love studying his word. I just have to continue finding the elect and bring them to the well of
everlasting life which is Christ the Lord.  I love you all and wish you a wonderful week.

Con cariño
Élder Gonzalez

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment