Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This has been a long week, but now it's the start of a new transfer

I´m still here in Pamplona with Elder Dixon and the two other elders in our district are here too, so nothing new.  I still have lots to do here, and the Lord is still true to his word, which is to help us when we need someone to help us.
 
Questions:
Was the hotel picture you sent from the 5-star hotel in Bilbao or the 4-star hotel in Barcelona?  The 4 star in Barcelona.
 
Well I don´t have a lot of time today, but I just want to tell all of you that this has been a long week.  I have some energy and hopefuly I get some more.  I know that the mission is tough, and sometimes I forget how hard it is, until the Lord lifts us up.  He has called the weak and the simple to do the work.  I think he means me.  I´m weak and simple.  I wish I could do more, but I do what I can.
 
I finished my journal this week, and might send it home if I can.  I found it enjoyable to write in it, and later to read through it and remember all the good times I have had and the tough moments too.  I enjoy the mission and sometimes I don´t.  It's  the same if I was at home, I would still have problems, I would still have to get up early, go to work, school, learn things and read my scriptures and pray every day.  But the difference is that this is the Lord's work.  It takes more than just putting off our wants and desires for 2 years or wearing dress clothes every day.  It´s changing lives and converting ourselves by means of the refiner´s fire.  It´s not about us, even though I still think about myself a lot.  I miss running, I miss my friends and family, but I would hate to miss the time I waste if I let a minute go by on the Lord's time.  I know that this is true.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I still speak spanish really bad and am lost in a different world, but it´s the spirit that converts people, not wise phrases or logical thinking.  We walk by faith rather than by sight.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Con amor,
Élder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment