Monday, July 20, 2015

Libraries are so much better than ipads, let me tell you

Well this week I have decided to write using the library computer because it is just so much easier, and my hands don´t get so tired, and I can type so much faster without auto-correct. Even though I will still need that because I am really bad at spelling and grammar.

First I have some things that I had written down from 2 weeks ago that I haven´t told you about. A member helped me out on a visit. Sadly it fired. But as we were driving away I asked him his conversion story. He said that one day he came down from France to vacation in Pamplona and was camping in the mountains. He stumbled upon a group of YW. He was talking to them and found out that they were mormons. They invited him to come to church and so he did and later he was baptized. cool story.

mom what is the difference between us and we?

We were on a bus and I can´t remember where we were going, but as we were exiting the bus I ducked down, but not down enough, and watched my head hit the hand rails that you use to hold on to when the bus is moving. A few people laughed including me.

We were on a bus ride to Logroño for a district meeting and the bus passes by the stops in the middle of nowhere. There´s a world famous pioneer trek here in spain called el camino de santiago and people from all over the world go to walk it. I had the chance to talk to a lady from NY and she was walking with a man she has never met before until the trip, a man from Denmark. We had a nice talk about gospel stuff.

We were on another bus and as we were getting on a muslim lady with a cane who is quite young actually and had a young daughter paid the extra ticket for a girl who didn´t have enough money for the city bus. All religions in the world teach of good principles. Look for the good in everyone.

We were walking one day and I looked down and found 5 euros. We tried to find the owner, but no luck. We bought some candy afterwards.

 We were walking and we met a young lady from NY who contacted us and asked if we were missionaries because her friend just came back from her mission in Chile.

During san fermines the church was very empty, we only had 2 investigators come.

We have two phones now because my area was closed and now we have all of navarra (have you looked it up yet, it was once an entire country!) and later the office called and wants my phone back. so that’s a bummer because one phone for 1 set of missionaries.

So that was 2 weeks ago. I said I was going to write a lot. San fermines was tough because there was a lot of the city that was blocked off from use to see, visit, and work. THere were a lot of drunk and crazy people on the streets, on the loose so we had to avoid the sketchy areas and go to safe areas to work with or go to members’ homes, who too were not home because of the holiday!!! San fermines is great, but not for missionaries.

Now thoughts that I have been writing down this past week: For ward council last week we were told to do a few things. 1) read a talk from chi wong hong from GC on working in unity. 2) write a talk in case we were ever called to give a talk, and that´s what i did on monday, i wrote a talk on the book of mormon and used a lot of stuff from pmg.

Elder ward and I were contacting on the last day of san fermines, and he had contacted this guy who didn´t want anything to do with the restoration, but I prayed in my heart and handed him a BOM and he accepted it. miracle!!!

Mom, please send english stuff to me for english class. For example sentence structure, grammar tips, anything. misspelled words. I´m teaching english class again.

President Echarri, 2nd councilor in the stake presidency, had to accompany me to the bus station and drop off Elder Steadbeck. We drove back to my piso and he was going to fix a broken light in our piso, but he decided to do some personal studying as we were waiting for Elder ward to come in. As he was studying I was cleaning up piso because I felt really embarrassed to have him in our messy piso.

We bought new bus passes and now we don´t have to spend so much money to recharge the cards every time we run out of passes. We can just pay monthly.

The temperature changes a lot here in pamplona, it gets hot and then cool. When it’s really hot the clouds will change and it will rain a little to cool of the evening. one night it was really raining and there was a big thunderstorm and the wind blew all of our windows shut and that woke us up in the night with a fright.

There’s a kid here in this ward who’s from columbia and looks a lot like victor. So maybe victor is from columbia. it makes sense right? he likes to party and that is a big party country.........well....maybe.

Elder bednar´s talk is coming to pass from GC about how we might have worldly fears about things in the world. one thing he mentioned that struck me this past week was how some nations are fighting for independence. this can be scary, especially when you live in the middle of it, but always remember that Godly fear dispels worldly fear.

I would like to finish with a brief testimony that I have on the joy that I have on the mission in the service of the Lord. When we serve other people we forget our worldly cares and think of only helping others feel the love that God has for each and every one of us. I know that from experience. Elder Ward bought me an ice cream last week and it help me out when I was feeling stressed. We are all on the same team with the service of the Lord. We will receive many blessings when we serve with a full heart. I wanted to testify that this is true.

Well family that is all that I have for now. It feels so good to write home and receive letters from family. I pray for you all and hope that you have a wonderful week.

Con amor,
Élder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment